Sunday 18 July 2010

The Legend of Zelda

Okay, I lied about the Toy Story. That’ll come later. For now, I’ll be talking about the Legend of Zelda. It’s a series that if I am honest has never really appealed to me – I’ve played a dungeon or so of a few odd games, but it’s never stuck with me. To many gamers saying such things is heresy, but I’ve just never found the appeal… until now.
After recently completing Mario galaxy (I never tend to complete games 100%, so I’m doing it for a few games.) I decided to go back and try Twilight Princess. I got it back on the day of the wii’s release but I don’t think I ever got past Death Mountain for whatever reason. I’ve since lost my data and thus started again, and have got to the just before the water-y temple in just a couple of days. And I have changed my mind. To be fair this may have started in phantom hourglass – I got right to the end of it but have yet to do the last boss (perhaps for my to do list?) but now I can see why it is as revered as it is – brilliant gaming. I also have a sneaking suspicion that the game has barely started seeing as I have yet to even see Ganon or touch the master sword – whether that’s true or not I’ll have to wait and see. Regardless, I just thought I’d share that with you… and the main reason I’m writing.
The Zelda timeline – according to an ONM interview, a confidential document locked away at Nintendo whereas before the issue the document was thought to be mere legend and the fans would be forever left to speculate. This is still the case (until some crazed Zelda-timeline freak breaks into Nintendo and steals the document, of course) and leaves quite a few interesting theories. I’ve seen a few and they all make sense, oddly enough. Looks fun.
Anyway, little other point to this blog post. Enjoy the rest of your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment